Creating a 5K team is easy!
When choosing a team name, be creative! Contact us to add a team name to the 5K roster and start recruiting. Your teammates simply pick your team name from the drop-down list, and they will be added to your team. When you form your own team, you are the captain of the team and have an important role. As a team captain you will:
- Recruit your coworkers, friends, and family members to join your team. (Teams of all sizes are welcome.)
- Communicate to your team members how to register.
- Select a team name and recruit colleagues, classmates or friends to run/walk with you.
- Each individual teammate must register for the 5K, and select a team name from the drop-down list.
- Make a team member a Co-captain to help with communication and team duties as necessary.
- Questions? Review the team captain packet, 5K FAQ or contact Ebony Clay.
Learn more by reviewing the team captain packet.
Yogis’ and Sleepers’ can join 5K teams too!
Have more fun supporting the Foundation when you join a team. Teams can include runners/walkers, yogis and Sleep-In fundraiser participants.
Prize drawings will be awarded!
Can’t participate in the 5K run/walk, but want to get involved? No problem!
- Support a 5K participant. You can donate securely online to support a 5K participant or a team to meet their fund-raising goals.
- Make a general donation to the 5K.
All donations are tax-deductible and proceeds support the Foundation’s research and education mission.