Creating a 5K team is easy!
When choosing a team name, be creative! Email us to add a team name to the 5K roster and start recruiting. Your teammates simply pick your team name from the drop-down list, and they will be added to your team.
When you form your own team, you are the captain of the team and have an important role. As a team captain you will:
- Recruit your coworkers, friends, and family members to join your team. (Teams of all sizes are welcome.)
- Communicate to your team members how to register.
- All teammates must register for the Nexus 2020.
- Select a team name and recruit colleagues, classmates or friends to run/walk with you.
- Each individual teammate must register for the 5K, and select a team name from the drop-down list.
- Make a team member a Co-captain to help with communication and team duties as necessary.
- Questions? Review the team captain packet, 5K FAQ or contact Ebony Clay.
Learn more by reviewing the team captain packet.
Yogis’ and Sleepers’ can join 5K teams too!
Have more fun supporting the Foundation when you join a team. Teams can include runners/walkers, yogis and Sleep-In fundraiser participants.
AMCP Foundation Sleep-In for Wellness Fundraiser
$20 Sleep-In for the Future (member & non-member).
Support the Foundation without an early-morning wake-up call? Select the “Sleep-In” option. We won’t enroll you in one of our wellness events – but you can still pick up a T-shirt at the Nexus Meeting registration desk.
You’re encouraged to make your team stand out, so have fun while supporting a great cause. In the spirit of friendly competition, team/individual awards will be given in four categories as follows:
Team with Most Participants
This will be based on how many members are registered and paid on event day.
Fastest Team & Individual
This will be awarded to the fastest Male, Female, and Coed team competing in the 5K run/walk. The five fastest chip times on your team will be recorded and averaged to determine the team winner.
Most Team Spirit
This will be awarded based on costumes, team name, T-shirts, props, enthusiasm, etc. Get Creative and Have Fun!
Can’t participate in the 5K run/walk, but want to get involved? No problem!
Here’s How You Can Make a Difference:
- Support a 5K participant. You can donate securely online to support a 5K participant or a team to meet their fund-raising goals.
- Make a general donation to the 5K.
- Sleep in for Wellness Fundraiser! Select the “Sleep In” option when you register for AMCP 2020 and we won’t enroll you in the race – but you can still pick up a T-shirt at the AMCP 2020 registration desk. $20 Sleep-In (member & non-member).
All donations are tax-deductible and proceeds support the Foundation’s research and education mission.