Thank you for taking the lead in helping the AMCP Foundation mean well(ness). As a leader, you serve in an important role for the 5K for the Future!
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER
- All teams sizes welcome.
- Add your team name during registration. Your team name will appear in a drop-down menu for others to join.
- Communicate to your team members how to register. Important! Remind teammates to include your team name when registering.
- Recruit a co-captain to help with communication and team duties.
- Plan to meet prior to the race near the start line.
Team/Individual Awards will be given in the four categories as follows:
- Team with Most Participants: This will be based on how many members are registered and paid.
- Fastest Team & Individual: This will be awarded to the fastest Male, Female, and Coed team competing in the 5K Run/Walk. The 5 fastest chip times on your team will be recorded and averaged to determine the team winner.
- Most Team Spirit: This will be awarded based on costumes, team name, t-shirts, props, enthusiasm, etc.
The AMCP Foundation 5K Run/Walk is more fun with a group! The goal is to have fun supporting a great cause! We have provided some resources to help you recruit team members.
Here are some ways you get started recruiting: (Sample letters have been provided below)
Remember, registration fees are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
- Email your friends, family and coworkers letting them know you’ve created a team.
- Post information about the race to Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites.
- Add the AMCP Foundation 5K for the Future website link. (https://run.amcpfoundation.org)
Each individual team member must register for the 5K, and enter their team name in the field provided during the registration process (select team name from the drop-down list).
TEAM PACKET PICK-UP
Team race packets are available during Annual Meeting registration hours. You may pick up all packets for your team, or instruct individual team members to pick up their packets.
Your packet will include a commemorative AMCP Foundation 5K for the Future shirt, a race bag, general instructions and a course map.
Note: As a team captain it is your responsibility to make sure your team signs and return the Participant Waiver by event day. This will be provided to you via email. Waivers will be accepted during meeting registration hours and on race day.
If you have any questions, please contact Ebony Clay or 703.684.2623.
SAMPLE EMAIL TEMPLATES
The following e-mail templates have been created to help you recruit team members.
RECRUIT TEAM MEMBERS
Join me at the AMCP Foundation 7th Annual 5K for the Future!
I registered for the Annual AMCP Foundation 5K for the Future and accepted the challenge to raise money to expand the Foundation’s research and education efforts. Please support me by becoming a member of my team! I am looking for my friends, family, co-workers, and colleagues to join me in supporting this very worthwhile cause. Becoming a team member is easy. All you need to do is visit amcpmeetings.org, register for the 5K Run/Walk and select ____ (ENTER YOUR TEAM) as your team.
Registration is only $40 and tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. You can support the Foundation in your sleep. Select the Sleep-In option for $20. Proceeds will be used to support the AMCP Foundation’s research and education programs.
Remember, every person can make a difference. It is up to you and me, along with our community to help the AMCP Foundation provide the keys to the future of managed care pharmacy — research and education.
Please register today and join me on race day, Thursday, April 23rd:
6:00 am – Check-in/On-site Registration
6:15 am – Opening Remarks & Stretching
6:30 am – 5K Run/Walk begins
SAMPLE SOCIAL MEDIA TEMPLATE
The following social media templates have been created to help you recruit team members and solicit donations in support of your team.
RECRUIT TEAM MEMBERS
LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.:
I just registered as Team Captain for (TEAM NAME) in the annual AMCP Foundation 5K for the Future on April 23, 2020! I’m inviting everyone to join my team and take the challenge to raise money to expand the Foundation’s research and education efforts. Becoming a team member is easy. All you need to do is visit amcpmeetings.org, register for the 5K Run/Walk and select (TEAM NAME) as your team. Registration is only $40 or $20 for the new sleep-in option. Your contribution is tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Join my team (#TEAM NAME) fourth annual #AMCPFdn 5K for the Future on Thursday, April 23! #AMCP2020 @amcporg